Software License Agreement for The Customized Tile Puzzle Game (Product)
between the customer (Licensee) and EvilInnocence Studios (Licensor)
APK: The final Android APK file containing the Software and Artwork delivered to the Licensee.
Software: All of the code, binaries, meta files, and all other data included in the APK, excluding the Artwork.
Artwork: The images created by the Licensee provided to the Licensor for use in the Product and which are included in the APK.
2. This is an agreement between Licensor and Licensee, who is being licensed to use the named Software.
3. Licensee acknowledges that this is only a limited exclusive license. Licensor is and remains the owner of all titles, rights, and interests in the Software.
4. Licensee acknowledges that they are the sole copyright holder of the Artwork or have been granted explicit rights by the copyright holder to use the Artwork. Licensee agrees to defend and indemnify Licensor and hold Licensor harmless from all claims, losses, damages, complaints, or expenses connected with or resulting from Licensee's use of the Artwork.
5. Licensee grants the Licensor a limited, non-exclusive, perpetual license to use the Artwork for the sole purpose of advertising the Product. Licensor may use, copy, and/or distribute Artwork on web pages, in newsletters and advertisements, and/or any other medium related to the Product.
6. This License permits Licensee to distribute the APK without limit or royalties, for free or for sale, with the following restrictions:
a. The Licensee may not attempt to disassemble, unpack, or reverse engineer the Software and/or APK, nor permit others to do so.
b. The APK file may be distributed only as a single complete file for installation on Android devices.
c. The APK file may not be altered in any way.
d. The Licensee may not attempt to bypass any restrictions in the APK file.
c. The Licensee may not sub-license the APK file in any way that would allow other users to bypass the restrictions in this license agreement.
7. This Software is subject to a limited warranty. Licensor warrants to Licensee that the physical medium (if any) on which this Software is distributed is free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use, the Software will perform according to its printed documentation, and to the best of Licensor's knowledge Licensee's use of this Software according to the printed documentation is not an infringement of any third party's intellectual property rights. This limited warranty lasts for a period of 30 days after delivery. To the extent permitted by law, THE ABOVE-STATED LIMITED WARRANTY REPLACES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No agent of Licensor is authorized to make any other warranties or to modify this limited warranty. Any action for breach of this limited warranty must be commenced within one month of the expiration of the warranty. Because some jurisdictions do not allow any limit on the length of an implied warranty, the above limitation may not apply to this Licensee. If the law does not allow disclaimer of implied warranties, then any implied warranty is limited to 365 days after delivery of the Software to Licensee. Licensee has specific legal rights pursuant to this warranty and, depending on Licensee's jurisdiction, may have additional rights.
8. In case of a breach of the Limited Warranty, Licensee's exclusive remedy is as follows: Licensee will return all copies of the Software to Licensor, at Licensee's cost, along with proof of purchase. (Licensee can obtain a step-by-step explanation of this procedure, including a return authorization code, by contacting Licensor at [address and toll free telephone number].) At Licensor's option, Licensor will either send Licensee a replacement copy of the Software, at Licensor's expense, or issue a full refund.
9. Notwithstanding the foregoing, LICENSOR IS NOT LIABLE TO LICENSEE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING COMPENSATORY, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, CONNECTED WITH OR RESULTING FROM THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT OR LICENSEE'S USE OF THIS SOFTWARE. Licensee's jurisdiction may not allow such a limitation of damages, so this limitation may not apply.
10. Licensee agrees to defend and indemnify Licensor and hold Licensor harmless from all claims, losses, damages, complaints, or expenses connected with or resulting from Licensee's business operations.
11. Licensor has the right to terminate this License Agreement and Licensee's right to use this Software upon any material breach by Licensee.
12. Licensee agrees to return to Licensor or to destroy all copies of the Software upon termination of the License.
13. This License Agreement is the entire and exclusive agreement between Licensor and Licensee regarding this Software. This License Agreement replaces and supersedes all prior negotiations, dealings, and agreements between Licensor and Licensee regarding this Software.
14. This License Agreement is governed by the law of Wisconsin applicable to Wisconsin contracts.
15. This License Agreement is valid without Licensor's signature. It becomes effective upon the earlier of Licensee's signature or Licensee's use of the Software.